With the holiday season upon us, now is the time to reflect on what makes this time of year so special. I have always loved Christmas, and recall spending hours by the glow of the tree listening to Christmas music. It is my most favorite time of the year!!
This year may look much different for you, but that doesn’t mean it can’t still be incredible!
Here are 3 tips to help you make the most of this holiday season:
1. Focus on quality time
Life is short. Remember, YOU get to decide who you want to spend time with:
- Don’t allow guilt or a sense of obligation dictate your time.
- You can always get together with extended family on a different day to celebrate together.
- Don’t overextend yourself or stress your kids out.
- Remember friends can be family too!
2. Change Your Perspective
Instead of focusing on what you CAN’T do this season, focus on what you CAN do!
- You CAN enjoy more time at home with your family.
- You CAN bake, craft, watch movies, etc.
- You CAN start a new tradition!
- You CAN send cards to bless others who may be feeling lonely this time of year.
- You CAN create little videos for family and friends.
- You CAN hand-make gifts (bookmarks, ornaments, etc.).
3. Keep Your Priorities Straight
Don’t let the busy-ness of life misplace Christ in your home.
- Start a new Advent tradition.
- Countdown to Christmas with a different holiday activity each day.
- Pray for a different person each day throughout the month of December.
- Study the names of Jesus.
- **Be on the lookout for my brand new Family Advent Devotional - releasing Fall 2024!
- Read through the Christmas story.
- We love the Jesus Storybook Bible for this.
- Focus on ways to bless others.
- Volunteer together in your community, make cards/gifts for your neighbors or a local senior center, sponsor a family in need, etc.
- Bake treats for your neighbors, church family, etc.
Happy Holidays! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours!
For more tips and resources, check out my Crosswalk Articles.
What tip would you add to the list? Leave a comment below.